LanLan 發表於 2015-5-9 11:45:56

The Future of the Leica M (quoted from La Vida Leica website)

http://lavidaleica.com/content/future-leica-m-cometh
A lot of "confirmed news" reported in this particular article, and the blog claims that they have long track record of reporting exclusive news (not rumors) way ahead of Leica official announcement.

The blog reported there will be a new Leica M released by the end of this year!!!
".....This new Leica M is going in a different direction in a couple ofvary major ways….One of those directions is something that people havecomplained about on digital M cameras since the Leica M8 was introduced in 2006– that is, they wished the camera were smaller and thinner and more like thefilm cameras of old. You wish has been granted! A major focus will be trimmingthe fat off digital M cameras.
Now we get into the grey area between “good” and “bad” news and itdepends entirely on how you choose to look at it. Sort of like the glass beinghalf full or half empty. One way the size will be reduced might be the end ofthe traditional Messucher (optical rangefinder after which the Leica M isnamed) as we know it. Why? It is large, heavy, complex and sensitive toalignment and finally, expensive – costing $750 alone. It will still have anoptical component (ruling out an EVF) but will now essentially be digital,similar to Konost camera and its digital rangefinder at the least – or a hybridlike the Fujifilm X-Pro 1 and X100 at best......"
maybe new CEO of Leica, new direction?

C9.99 發表於 2015-5-9 12:52:37

如果cut Optical RF就真係大退步,起碼我個人一聽就接受唔到。
希望唔好啦。

kgv 發表於 2015-5-9 12:59:42

EVF live view mirror less fully AF ...... and even without the red dot ;P

Ah_J 發表於 2015-5-9 14:38:59

then see if it will be launched earlier than Konost...

LanLan 發表於 2015-5-9 14:51:21

kgv 發表於 2015-5-9 12:59
EVF live view mirror less fully AF ...... and even without the red dot

Not kidding, there are rumours saying Leica might develop new line (between M series and S series) that has AF lens

Wunderkind 發表於 2015-5-9 17:33:55

LanLan 發表於 2015-5-9 14:51
Not kidding, there are rumours saying Leica might develop new line (between M series and S series) ...

Would love to see a Leica clone of the Sony A7, is it too much to ask? :(

頭文字L 發表於 2015-5-10 00:43:30

Wunderkind 發表於 2015-5-9 17:33
Would love to see a Leica clone of the Sony A7, is it too much to ask?

At least a A7s grade ..may be :)

MP101 發表於 2015-5-10 19:29:26

" Can take both M and T lenses ...... "

So this is essentially a T with kind of hybrid-Fuji-like viewfinder !

LanLan 發表於 2015-5-11 00:42:42

MP101 發表於 2015-5-10 19:29
" Can take both M and T lenses ...... "

So this is essentially a T with kind of hybrid-Fuji-like vi ...

Maybe a new line parallel to current M camera

Pandachief 發表於 2015-5-12 15:23:39

If new M no optical rangefinder, I will lost interest in all Leica products after its introduction.. lens and camera included. Just not a company that earn my respect if they don't value the optical direct view.

Even nikon and canon keep the DSLR but not go mirrorless on their camera... Leica please don't!

raumplan 發表於 2015-5-13 14:16:27

what I really want is that the optical RF is kept, but at the same time there is a corresponding link with the sensor whereby it tells you (maybe a light in the finder) when subject is in focus!    Sensors are now so high resand any focus shift when using old lenses or imperfect focusing will be reflected in the photo!

then I ask myself, hey lets use DSLR then LOL!!!   I am just an oxymoron

vincecharus 發表於 2015-5-13 14:24:09

Optical rangefinder issue aside, isn't the M240 24MP CMOSIS sensor not too good for color? What's stopping Leica from finding a more advanced sensor?

(NB: IMHO even though it is no good for color it might be ok for B+W in M246.)
頁: [1]
查看完整版本: The Future of the Leica M (quoted from La Vida Leica website)